Sunday, May 27, 2012

When in London

I have arrived, safe and sound (and sweaty), in the beautiful city of London!

After a comparatively quick breeze through Customs, etc., I found my baggage, the Express to Paddington, and a cab with a very sweet driver to take me to my new home.

I had a little hiccup getting up to my flat on the fifth floor. In a building without elevators, my flat is at the very top. With my extremely heavy carry-on backpack, I lifted my 48-ish pound suitcase up 4 flights of stairs - only to see a door for the fourth floor and no more stairs. I then took my suitcase all the way back down to talk to the office several doors down the street. I then returned, assured that I would have to go through the door on the fourth floor to find the rest of the stairs. I then lifted my backpack and suitcase back up 5 flights of tight stairs.

Thankfully, everyone else was still in bed, so I didn't make introductions while sweaty and out of breath.

Now I'm just taking it easy, waiting to go stock the kitchen with some of the other girls. I wish I had more important or interesting news to share, but now you have the update!

No comments:

Post a Comment