Friday, October 7, 2011

The Razzies and Oscars: The Worst and the Best in Web Design

The worst of the worst and the best of the best... At least relatively speaking.



As I would hope is evident, the above two sites are two examples, I think, of well put together websites. I find both of them visually appealing as well as easily navigable, two qualities difficult to balance in web design. Ads, if present, are minimally intrusive and blend well, and the layout is clean with unique touches. 



The above two sites are my examples of weak or otherwise ineffective web pages. Many may be surprised at my choice of Amazon. I can explain! While I definitely give props to all that the company does behind the monitor, I've always found the website cluttered and distracting. It lacks any sort of balance between text and image, so there's too much of all of it. The TCU Bookstore page, which then goes on to link to the other TCU Bookstore page (?!), is almost too simple. Its navigation seems simple, yet the categories are not always relevant, and the content of the page is scarce.



No comments:

Post a Comment