Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Frustrations

After today's feedback I am, not surprisingly, unconfident in my subject choice. I was very confident in three of my image "visualizations" and the meanings that they carry; however, the fourth I am not completely sold on. I of course want to avoid illustration, but at the same time I am going to avoid ambiguity. To aim for ambiguity when attempting to persuade or make a particular argument is foolish.

I don't know what I'm going to do for the fourth one. And I am confused as to whether I'm supposed to have a specific argument or a broad argument, because the answer to this is quite important in my determination of that fourth image. It will make or break the slideshow. My original idea is a bit literal; that's why I wanted to avoid it, but I do not believe the other sketches are too illustrative; they leave room for interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment