Wednesday, June 6, 2012

First Test Down!

My first test here is down, and it was a success! Tomorrow the whole group is going to the Globe Theatre to see Henry V, and then Friday morning everyone is splitting up to go out of town for the weekend, primarily Scotland and Amsterdam.

After class I walked around the Bloomsbury area trying to find the post office, which I eventually did (after some help by a local). I then wandered into an incredible antique bookseller's shop. Every volume in their was one of the early (if not original) prints of novels from Dickens to Thackeray to Austen. (Put it to you like this, the smallest, single volume books were a couple hundred pounds.) It was beautiful.

We have a test in my second class tomorrow, but it won't be bad at all. A group of us is thinking about taking the Jack the Ripper tour tonight; if it happens, I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. I'm pretty excited. And a little nervous.

Until then!

(For your viewing pleasure, I'm just adding a few more pictures from around the procession yesterday.)






No comments:

Post a Comment