Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weekend Update

Sorry for the teaser - Oxford didn't happen after all. I'm still planning on going, but probably on the Monday that Dr. Coleman is canceling class. Instead we just stayed around the apartment most of the day, and then we celebrated one girl's 21st birthday last night.

Her mom and several friends flew in from Texas and took all 25 of us out for dinner, dessert, and drinks. (I know.) Everyone else was going out for the night from there, but I wanted to head back to the apartment, so I caught a taxi. Well, I attempted to catch a taxi, and fortunately a nice man also waiting outside the pub hailed one for me.

It's been an interesting trip so far, I must admit. I've really had to evaluate my comfort zone and examine everything I say and do. And though there are several people in the group that I enjoy hanging out with, I feel very alone most of the time.

On the bright side - and I know this will thrill my mom - I feel a very new sense of independence. The fear that I had going into this trip of traveling alone, the what-ifs, etc. have vastly diminished. One of the blessings of that flight delay in Philly, I think. Once the fear became reality, it became manageable.

Anyways, all that to say it's been a pretty uneventful weekend, so I'm looking forward to all of the remaining weekends. Today will probably consist of a lot of studying for our first test and hanging around the apartment and the surrounding neighborhood. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment