Monday, June 4, 2012

Lights, Tests, then Action!

Last night I blew the fuse in our bedroom, so we were without light (really power, in general) for about half an hour. Two of my flatmates were busy studying for our upcoming test, and another was in the shower. I felt terrible, but we ended up having a wonderful time during the much-needed study break!

Fortunately, one of the girls on the trip celebrated her 21st birthday the night before, and we all (mostly) still had our light-up rings that her mother had given to everyone as part of the lavish celebration.

We couldn't seem to find a solution by examining and fiddling with the circuit breaker, so the next logical step was to ask the boys, who live several floors below us. Unfortunately they were too busy booking their hotel for their trip to Amsterdam. (Needless to say, we were a bit disappointed at the apparent lack of chivalry. And masculine know-how.) So then we contacted maintenance, and our lights were back on in no-time.

The wonderful ladies of Flat E, from left to right Morgan, me, India, Kelsey, and Erinn.

Now, our main focus is on the two tests we have this week. Research & Evaluation is tomorrow (and guaranteed to be tough), and Media in Britain is on Thursday. Thursday evening the fun begins. We're going to see Henry V at the Globe Theater in the evening, and then Friday morning Morgan, Erinn, Kelsey, Gage, Heather, and I leave from Kings Cross (I know!) for Edinburgh.

I must also add a note that contrary to one of my more recent posts, I'm beginning to feel more comfortable with those on the trip. At the Jubilee celebration and over the course of the past day or so, I've come to really enjoy spending time with my flatmates and the girls that I'm going to Scotland with this weekend. I'm not feeling like such the outsider/loner anymore!


No comments:

Post a Comment