Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Jack-the-Ripper Tour

was pleasant.

We began outside the Tube stop near the Tower of London, and proceeded to cover most of the East End, notorious in the Victorian period for its poverty and crime.

Our tour guide explained in great detail not only the murders themselves, but also the various jurisdictions involved, the suspected murderers, conspiracy theories, etc. It was very interesting, but I literally came extremely close to getting sick around the third stop. (I really think I had just locked my knees, because I was fine after that. But still - the details of the murders are beyond gruesome.)

I'm not really going to go into detail, but here are a few random pictures from before and toward the end of the tour...

The Tower of London, in all of its intimidating glory.

Our tour guide, speaking to us on the East side of the London Wall.

Walking down one of the last alleys of the tour (one of the few alleys remaining exactly as it was in the 1800s).

No comments:

Post a Comment